My Political & Not-So-Politically-Correct Background



Additional Information:

Short Biography

Born a blind, Pakistani, albino to immigrants parents on welfare; Danish Ahmed has beaten all the odds. He has been involved in countless model parliaments and special programs like Forum for Young Canadians, Presidential Classroom, the Future World Leaders Summit, and the Inauguration of then U.S. President, Bill Clinton. He’s founded a dot-com, wrote a best-selling book, is a keynote speaker, and is a respected icon in the personal development industry.

The Party for People with Special Needs was established in 2007 and ran in the provincial election. While not elected, the party still helped families with disabilities receive over $2.4 million from the government. Danish Ahmed has several family members with disabilities, and his family has already been noted in the press as causing certain laws to change for people with disabilities. He is a social media expert, and his “Love Movie” has been seen by over a million people.

The Straight Talk

I believe it’s important to mention that I’ve always been pushing against the conventional system ever since I was in elementary school. In fact, my internal motto was, "The whole system is !*#@, everyone knows it's !*#@, and nobody will do !*#@ about it!! So why should I !*#@ myself over it?"

As you may tell, I have significantly changed. And now so too can the system.

"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Rather than focus on promises, I'll share with you what I have already done. These are the values I believe we would want in someone to represent us and lead our province/country.

Overcoming Adversity:
The ability to deal with whatever happens.


My school didn't allow me to touch computers because I wouldn't be able to "see them". But, I did get my hands on them in grade six. I took grade twelve computers when I was in grade eight, I was the first person in the Toronto Board of Education to take co-operative education in grade nine, and I taught computer science classes when I was a teenager.

I lobbied and was granted funding for a new club in my high-school, called DECA (a network of business clubs across North America), which still exists today. I ran for student council treasurer, was the vice-president of the debating society, and organized and won awards during inter-school tournaments.

Working Outside the Box:
Knowing that anything is possible.


I attended the Central Ontario Regional Parliament in 1992 and later was elected Leader of the Opposition. I also attended several other non-partisan regional youth parliaments including Ontario Model Parliament, and became the Opposition Minister of Finance for the Ontario Youth Parliament (which I now serve on the Board of Directors). I flew to Vancouver for the Western Canadian Youth Parliament, and also participated in the British Columbia Youth Parliament as an ambassador the subsequent year.

The Forum for Young Canadians was an amazing week workshop in Ottawa, Ontario, where I spent time with real members of parliament. I was invited to Washington, D.C., for the equivalent program called Presidential Classroom. The year after I attended the Future World Leader’s Summit, and then was invited to the Inauguration of then U.S. President, Bill Clinton.

In Budapest, Hungary, I attended the Harvard World Model United Nations. I have been an active Toastmaster, an Area Governor, and was a speaker at the Toastmasters International Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. I've done youth exchange programs in Trois-Pistoles (Québec), Jõhvi (Estonia), Adelaide (Australia), and Paris (France). I've also travelled to Cuba and did Umrah in Saudi Arabia with my mother who I still speak to in Urdu.

Diversity of Experience:
Being able to relate with all people on all levels.


I've taken piano lessons, singing lessons, jazz dancing, ballroom dancing, improv, white-water rafting, rock-climbing, hand-gliding, sky-diving, nia, yoga, jiu-jitsu, and have participated in literally hundreds of personal development programs. I've interviewed stars from the hit movie, "The Secret", including Bob Proctor, James Arthur Ray, and received personal mentorship from Chicken Soup for the Canadian/Parent's Soul, co-author Raymond Aaron, and one of the pioneers of the personal growth movement, Marcia Martin.

I've volunteered in mentorship/leadership roles for Youth In Motion, Youth Assisting Youth, Junior Achievement, Youth Leadership Camps Canada, the Canadian National Institution for the Blind, and Operation Eyesight.

Results:
Following through on projects, promises, and passions.


In 2000, my best friend and I acquired $1.5 million in venture capital for our technology platform. In 2003, I published a self-help book that became a Canadian best-seller, got translated into Mandarin and scored me a tour in China. During 2005 and 2006, I co-produced a Broadway-style musical called “I DECIDE” with an after-party that ran every Saturday night! I worked with Stuart Knight, who created an entertaining show for high-school students that toured across Canada for several years called "A Whole New Perspective".

Compassion:
Understanding the purpose of our humanity.


In 2007, my friend (with decades of experience in the Green Party) and I decided to create The Party for People with Special Needs and ran in the provincial elections (just to run, without any effort, campaigning, marketing, etc.). Much to our surprise, we had more votes (in the ridings we ran) than some of the other parties. And even though we were not elected, we still helped families with disabilities receive over $2.4 Million!

This gave us great hope that people like you resonate with our message and are committed to transforming the world. This year, you can help.

Last couple of years I've spent building the Canadian arm of an organization called Humanity Unites Brilliance, where we collectively raised over a million dollars for charities around the world. That company got acquired by World Ventures Inc., and then I spent my time creating a residual income through a telecommunications network marketing organization that does more than half a million dollars a month in sales volume.

"There's something beyond success,
and that's significance."

- Cherry Meadows

Vision & Hope:
Exercising the human spirit to manifest a world that works for everyone.


I've always thought that it was possible to significantly change the world for good within my lifetime. Some people don't think it's possible, mostly because they don't know any of the solutions that are already emerging around the world.

As my contribution to this growing awareness and shift in our collective consciousness, I compiled an extensive list of ideas, solutions, and organizations into a multi-media blog that illustrates hundreds of practical ways we can rid the world of war and corruption.

Now I can represent you at Queen's Park.

The mainstream media is not (yet) sharing information about other parties, like ours. Share this on your social networks, demonstrate to the mainstream media the power of viral, and encourage them to talk about us.

I'm almost thirty-five years-old, but still live with the wonder and playfulness of a child.

Let's love the world together...

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war.
And it's not about who's got the most bullets.
It's about who controls the information.
What we see and hear, how we work, what we think...
it's all about the information!”


- from the movie, Sneakers (1992)

No comments:

Post a Comment